Attention Facebookers!




Please check out my page on Facebook.

Like it while you're there!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Another quilt finished

After making a trip around the world quilt for my goddaughter Fallin, I decided to use the same fabrics to make one for myself. She didn't want any floral prints or animal prints and just black & white. That made it a little difficult to find 7 or 8 different fabrics for the quilt. I had to go to several stores but did find everything we wanted. Several fabrics were polks dots, which I love, so that made my decision to make one for me (oh, and the fact that I love that girl!!).
Shortly after that I heard from a friend in Texas who would be involved in an auction this month. She lost a daughter to spinal muscular atrophy about 5 years ago and is still fighting to find a cure. I volunteered my black & white quilt for the auction. I finally finished it this weekend, and will be sending it to her tomorrow. I picked out more polka dots for the backing, yellow background with multi-colored dots. I love it!!! I hope whoever wins it will love it as much as I do and as much as Fallin loves hers. Here's a picture of it:
This is a lap size, 56" x 42" and the regular price for this size is $125. I can make these in all colors and prints and it is one of my favorite styles.
For anyone who is interested in the auction, you can go to Kelly's blog at www.TexasSMAAuction.blogspot.com and see all that has been donated and bid on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment